Christina at Soul Aperture is hosting Simple Things once again, but with a humanitarian twist. For every blogger who participates in the prompt, she will donate $1 to Doctors Without Borders for Haiti Earthquake Relief, up to $250. Not only do I love this prompt, but I love this idea of donating. If you haven’t participated in Simple Things before, you should do it today. Start here to play along.
January Simple Things, Verb Edition:
- Walking without crutches, even if it’s more of a step-slide at the end of a long day
- Receiving an ankle rub at the end of that long day, by my loving husband
- Waking up the next morning with a slightly stronger, slightly less sore leg
- Finishing Stookie Stackhouse #8 in the bath this morning
- Feeling slightly bittersweet about finishing, since I don’t have #9 in possession
- Having a full day to myself to catch up on writing
- Wearing sweatpants and a hoodie throughout the whole day
- Seeing a glimpse of the larger theme of my poems, after years of thinking I was aimless
- Listening to two new albums by Minneapolis musicians: Dessa’s A Badly Broken Code and Bethany Larson’s Sticks and Stones
- Loving that these two women have totally different musical styles, but equally wonderful poetic lyrics
Those are my Simple Things for today. What are yours?