My Creative Acts
My week revolved around prepping for a one and a half hour lecture/discussion on my poetry and descriptive language in my friend Darci’s class and for advertising my reading on February 13. I feel like promoting Blameless Mouth has taken over my creative life. And here I thought that my work was done after it was published. I was wrong.
- Writing lecture notes for my time in Darci’s class (Monday, Tuesday and Thursday)
- Arranging a poetry reading with fellow local poet Elizabeth Burns (Wednesday)
- Promoting the No Romance Poetry Reading on Facebook and my blog (Wednesday) – Have you RSVP’ed yet?
- Lecturing in Darci’s class, which was one of the highlights of my week (Friday)
- Taking pictures for Saturday Scenes at the Midtown Global Market
What’s Inspired Me This Week
- I finally saw The King’s Speech on Saturday and I totally understand what the fuss is all about. I’m still rooting for The Social Network, though.
- I am loving Dave Bonta’s pictures of the ice storm in his area.
- Even though I hate Valentine’s Day, I love these pictures of assembling a valentine from Reading My Tea Leaves.
- I am hoping that this post on Wabi-Sabi will help me to accept some of the imperfections in my life.
- I have been listening to The Birthing Pyre by The Jane Austen Argument all week and I love it. I am especially enamored with the song “Bad Wine & Lemon Cake.” Please go support them.
On My Bookshelf
- I’ve been avoiding The Gifts of Imperfection all week. I think I have to return it to the library and try again, when I am in a more change-receptive frame of mind.
- I finished White Night and moved on to Small Favor. Thank God I only have one or two more of these books, because I suspect they are eating my brains.