I heard a rumor that folks were posting a Simple Things today, in honor of Christina’s birthday. I actually found Christina’s blog through her Simple Things meme, but came to be a regular reader, because I love having a shot of positivity (and beautiful photography) in my Google reader on a regular basis. And like with all good blogs, I ended up discovering other blogs I enjoy, just by reading hers. So, thank you Christina & happy birthday!
And now for my summer edition of my favorite simple things right now:
- A non-humid day, immediately following a ridiculously humid day.
- Grilling dinner on our rooftop deck, three times this week (and counting). There’s also a grilling party at a friend’s house tomorrow. Can I just say that I love grilling food?
- Waking up with the light.
- Staying up with the light, later than I normally do.
- Getting blueberries for my cereal from the farmer’s market rather than the freezer case.
- Heck, the farmer’s market altogether.
- Short Fridays.
- Three vacations in one summer. The next one starts next Thursday, when my dad comes to town.
- Seeing my husband more often than during the school year.
- Summer movies in the park. Tonight is The Muppet Movie!
Those are my simple things that are bringing me joy this summer. What are yours?