This week, in an effort to erase my creative funk and get moving again, I told myself that I needed to do one creative act each day. My hope was that if I worked on one little thing each day, I would get my creative brain cranking again. I’ve been tracking it on my Twitter, using the #onecreativeact hashtag. Here’s a summary of what I’ve done:
- Wednesday, 9/15 – I created a poetry postcard, using a photo from August and a line from an August postcard poem
- Thursday, 9/16 – I reviewed my writing group partners’ work.
- Friday, 9/17 – I signed up for 750 words (a fabulous site that I highly recommend) and wrote my first entry.
- Saturday, 9/18 – I went to writer’s group and workshopped my friends’ fiction.
- Sunday, 9/19 – I started a Microsoft One Note notebook for a larger creative project that’s been marinating in the back of my head for a while.
Tomorrow, I have a full day off with the house to myself, so I’m hoping to get some bigger work done on my creative project. I’m envisioning a creative retreat for myself. After I clean the house, of course.